Hi everyone, my name is Alper, I am 21 years old and I am studying English Language Teaching at Sinop University in Turkey. Moreover, I love cooking food, because I love eating food. That's why I am going to write food recipes in this blog.
The first recipe of my blog is Ratatouille
Ingredients
VEGGIES
- eggplants
- Roma tomatoes
- yellow squashes
SAUCE
- tablespoons olive oil
- onion, diced
- cloves garlic, minced
- red bell pepper, diced
- yellow bell pepper, diced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- crushed tomatoes
- chopped fresh basil, from 8-10 leaves
HERB SEASONING
- chopped fresh basil, from 8-10 leaves
- garlic, minced
- Chopped fresh parsley
- fresh thyme
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- olive oil
Preparation- Preheat the oven to (190˚C).
- Slice the eggplant, tomatoes, squash, and zucchini, then set aside.
- Make the sauce: Heat the olive oil in a (30-cm) oven-safe pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, and bell peppers until soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add the crushed tomatoes. Stir until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Remove from heat, then add the basil. Stir once more, then smooth the surface of the sauce with a spatula.
- Arrange the sliced veggies in alternating patterns, (for example, eggplant, tomato, squash, zucchini) on top of the sauce from the outer edge to the middle of the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the herb seasoning: In a small bowl, mix together the basil, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Spoon the herb seasoning over the vegetables.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover, then bake for another 20 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Serve while hot as a main dish or side. The ratatouille is also excellent the next day--cover with foil and reheat in a (180˚C) oven for 15 minutes, or simply microwave to the desired temperature.
- Enjoy!
-
Hi Alper! I am very bad at cooking. So, I think this blog will be very useful for me :)) The food looks very delicious, I will definitely try it!
YanıtlaSilHello Alper! I also have interest in cooking, I will definitely try this recipe. It looks amazing!
YanıtlaSil